The "bank" method of payment provides the flexibility to add a credit to a customer which they can redeem at a later date.
This is especially useful in situations where a customer has paid for a trip but they have since been cancelled and you are unable to refund them their money directly. A customer paying cash who has left the premises is an common situation.
To setup this form of payment:
- Click Tools > Accounting > Setup > Payments.
- In the Payment drop-down, click <New Item>.
- Enter description of the Payment.
Example: Piggy Bank, Credit File
- Select Bank in the Method of Payment.
- Since this payment is infrequently used, ensure the Allow this payment to be marked as the customer’s default is unchecked in the Options tab.
- Click OK.
To credit a customer:
- Click Refund for the entire invoice or Reverse individual items.
- If you click Refund, exit the payment refund window.
- There should be an amount owing on the invoice to the customer.
- Click Payment and select the Bank form of payment you created.
- You can leave the credit defaulted to the current customer or choose another customer.
- With the amount owing, it will be entered automatically as a Deposit.
- Click OK to save and balance out the invoice.
When the customer wishes to redeem their credit:
- Billing Tab > Payment > Piggy Bank
- Search for and select customer who’s credit you’d like to use
- Enter amount of credit to be redeemed, or press the green dollar sign to load the full price of the invoice, press ok
To review credit on file:
- Open an existing booking, or create a new booking for the passenger who’s credit file you wish to view.
- Billing Tab > Payment > Piggy Ban > Details
Reporting for credit on file can be found in the web reports under Accounting > Payments > Piggy Bank