There are situations where you may need to setup a tax with multiple rates. Since the system currently locks in the tax rate, so you will need to create secondary taxes.
- Click Tools > Accounting > Taxes.
- Under Tax, click <New Item>.
- Enter “Harmonized Sales Tax (5%)” in the Tax field.
- Enter “HST” in the Tag field.
- Set the Currency to CAN.
- Set the Tax based on percentage to 5%.
- Click OK.
You can now use this tax for your inventory items.
Note: This tax will be calculated separately on the reconciliation reports.